Hours: Full time
Contract type: Permanent
Location: Walthamstow, London
One Rise East is a creative agency based in Walthamstow working across digital, print and environmental design. We specialise in strategic graphic design and bespoke event experiences for global brands in the advertising sector. We’re known by our clients for the ability to deliver engaging and inspiring design, but also for our unparalleled communication and project management. Our team consists of producers, graphic designers and interior designers and we believe a culture that people want to work in breeds an atmosphere that our clients want to be involved with.
We’re looking for someone who’s extremely well organised, confident, articulate, energetic and calm under pressure. You’ll have a genuine interest in design, activations and events in a range of industries.
This will be a busy and varied role where you will work closely with our production and creative teams to efficiently manage workflow. To begin with, you will work closely with the current studio manager to better understand the studio’s processes, clients and resources. With projects changing and conflicting deadlines you will be able to juggle workflow and use your own initiative to prioritise resource. You will be proactive in looking at ways in which to reduce cost and improve efficiency, working with Creative Leads and Producers to experiment new ideas and approaches.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced studio manager to make the role their own with the potential to introduce and implement new systems or processes into the resourcing of the studio.
– Plan and manage the studio workflow day-to-day.
– Update internal teams on the status of project work and provide regular updates.
– Be able to articulate your views and recognise what’s important to achieve a successful outcome. You will need to empathise with both clients and the studio team through challenging situations.
– Long term resource planning.
– Work closely with the production team and creative leads to oversee all projects and make sure that they are on track and on time.
– Cover more general office administration tasks.
– Have a good production knowledge of all projects, employee skills and personalities within the studio to allow appropriate resource allocations to the right person.
Skills, experience and personal attributes
– Experience in workflow management, ideally gained from a creative agency.
– 3-4 years creative agency experience.
– Experience working with resource management systems. We currently use Float, it would be beneficial but not essential if you’ve implemented new systems into a business.
– Approachable but assertive.
– Good team player.
– Highly organised and proactive, with excellent attention to detail.
– Great people management skills.
– Calm under pressure.
– Understanding and interest in the creative processes; eg print/digital design and interior design.
– Clear communicator.
– Excellent multi-tasker.
– Excellent written and verbal skills.
– Good Microsoft Office skills, basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite would be useful.
– Strong initiative and ability to think on your feet.
– Problem solver.
What we can offer you:
– Annual personal development plan for your own growth within the business.
– Great studio benefits including free breakfasts, cultural outings and seasonal company parties, Friday drinks, 25 days holiday (not including bank holidays) and a super friendly, fun studio environment to work in.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Studio Manager Job Application’ in the subject title by 18 August 2018.